I continue to write some rows about Xamarin bugs because I would like to help people to solve problems I have encountered during my days with Xamarin products.
Today is XamlCTask the problem.
I started to encounter this problem after I have update Xamarin Forms to 188.8.131.52 (it should be last stable…) and it appears only in Release mode (when I try to “Archive for publishing”)
There are some posts in Xamarin’s forums about this problem with a lot of attempts to solve it.
I have found two solutions:
- Update Xamarin Forms to 2.3.5-pre3 (but obviously it’s not a good idea if you have to distribute your app…)
- Modify PCL’s csproj file with these steps
- search <PropertyGroup Condition=” ‘$(Configuration)|$(Platform)’ == ‘Release|AnyCPU’ “>
- after this line, there should be something like <DebugType>full</DebugType> or <DebugType>pdbonly</DebugType>
- change to <DebugType></DebugType>
- save csproj
- rebuild the solution
Point 2 should works. Don’t tell me why…
If you find other solutions at XamlCTask problem, let me know: I update the solution’s list.