The “XamlCTask” task failed unexpectedly

Hi folks.

I continue to write some rows about Xamarin bugs because I would like to help people to solve problems I have encountered during my days with Xamarin products.

Today is XamlCTask the problem.

I started to encounter this problem after I have update Xamarin Forms to 2.3.4.247 (it should be last stable…) and it appears only in Release mode (when I try to “Archive for publishing”)

There are some posts in Xamarin’s forums about this problem with a lot of attempts to solve it.

I have found two solutions:

  1. Update Xamarin Forms to 2.3.5-pre3 (but obviously it’s not a good idea if you have to distribute your app…)
  2. Modify PCL’s csproj file with these steps
    • search <PropertyGroup Condition=” ‘$(Configuration)|$(Platform)’ == ‘Release|AnyCPU’ “>
    • after this line, there should be something like <DebugType>full</DebugType> or <DebugType>pdbonly</DebugType>
    • change to <DebugType></DebugType>
    • save csproj
    • rebuild the solution
    • pray

Point 2 should works. Don’t tell me why…

If you find other solutions at XamlCTask problem, let me know: I update the solution’s list.

 

Annunci

Rispondi

Inserisci i tuoi dati qui sotto o clicca su un'icona per effettuare l'accesso:

Logo WordPress.com

Stai commentando usando il tuo account WordPress.com. Chiudi sessione / Modifica )

Foto Twitter

Stai commentando usando il tuo account Twitter. Chiudi sessione / Modifica )

Foto di Facebook

Stai commentando usando il tuo account Facebook. Chiudi sessione / Modifica )

Google+ photo

Stai commentando usando il tuo account Google+. Chiudi sessione / Modifica )

Connessione a %s...