When you create a new Xamarin Forms project, the template download 28.0.1 Android libraries, but them are old because there is a new 28.0.3 version. If you try to upgrade the package, NuGet returns some errors. There are also some other libraries to update like Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin.Essentials and Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform for UWP Project.
Here a sequence of steps to upgrade Android libraries to 28.0.3 (and others to the last release).
- Uninstall Xamarin.Forms on all projects
- On Android project:
- Install Xamarin.Android.Support.Annotations
- Install Xamarin.Android.Support.Collections
- Update Xamarin.Android.Support.Core.Utils
- Update Xamarin.Essentials on all project
- On UWP project;
- Update Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform
- Install Xamarin.Forms on all project
Now, when you run NuGet console, you should have all packages updated and you can start to develop a new Xamarin Forms application.
Have a nice day!